Tuesday, October 8, 2019

ADAM AND EVE



Have you ever wondered about life generally even before earth was birthed?

Have you ever questioned yourself why God allowed so much to be the way they are?

What about the story of Lucifer and the fallen angels? 

What about thoughts about Man's existence and rest of the world we know today?



All this questions will keep on and on but you would barely get answers. Some say they are mysteries and can't be really explained or understood. Well just like few thinkers in my shoes, this poem was inspired by these questions I desire clarifications to, but I was disappointed at my quest. The thirst refused satiated and my hunger unending.

This POEM basically tries to paint a picture and the possible scenarios of what happened in the GARDEN OF EDEN where our 1st parent ADAM and EVE inhabited. A heaven on earth, a place of total comfort and peace...

The 1st part of the POEM tries to explain who the real enemy is which is SIN... Here SIN is seen as a personified.

The 2nd part tries to explain the unsettled hidden thoughts/desires of Eve who yielded to the voice. Whose voice exactly?

The 3rd part is where Adam took the leftover from Eve and activated the world we know today. 

Well there's so much to say about this piece but I'll want you to give me your feedback and thoughts about this.

Thanks... Don't forget to drop your COMMENTS, LIKE and SHARE.


















ADAM AND EVE

I need not to conquer Satan,
Principalities and power in high places,
Demon, poverty and mischievous miseries
The only enemy to conquer/defeat is SIN.

It kills faster than the world's deadliest diseases
It cripples the mind,
Cages from behind
It kills, whatever the heart wills,

Steals your aim
And destroys the soul.

Alas! behold his Relatives
RULES and LAWS
How can we walk
without the head moving Or talk
without moving the lips
He limits and restricts
our movements like the caged bird
Breaking free haunts and freedom calls beckoning.
Ignoring this call displeases me
But I need a change
That auctions me to action
But then will this end well or not

How would I know if I don't try.

Experience invites me on a date
The date I have so long thirst.
For a second my heart bumps into an hurdle
I haven't felt this way before
Is this a good sign or bad omen?

I stretched my hands to Experience
And I embraced destiny,
Matching rules and laws on her jaws

Through an encounter,
sharply my eyes flashed brightly as though a torch
I couldn't imagine what my world was until now.
You want to know?
Curiosity nodded
I passed on my experience and we saw the same.

Conscience judged me and shame sets in.
Oh my! What have I done?

BY: ELIJAH Kehinde Gabriel

5 comments:

  1. Simple sentences with complex and complicating meaning,so much deep emotions and thought abt sin, regrets and experience 😔

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what am hearing, I Thank God

    ReplyDelete